Discussions

Nutrition

I've been looking at getting the book racingWeight I don't need to or want to lose any weight as I'm only 10 stone . To be honest my diet is pretty poor is a understatement . Have any of you guys out there any suggestions on good nutrition books thanks in advance for any advice

Martin Penrice Martin Penrice

Sign in or Join to reply

1. Sharnie1

Sharnie1 Hope you enjoy it - I found it quite entertaining as well as making some great points :)

0 21 Mar 17
  2. Martin Penrice

Martin Penrice Sharnie I've just ordered in defense of food read some good reviews it's only £5.49 similar price as read morea magazine thanks for your input

0 20 Mar 17
  3. Martin Penrice

Martin Penrice Sharnie this could be type I'm looking for more food than trying to reach ideal weight

1 20 Mar 17
  4. Martin Penrice

Martin Penrice CAP thanks for replying sounds like a good read . think my weight is ok and don't​ have much body read morefat to spare like the sound of it

0 20 Mar 17
  5. Sharnie1

Sharnie1 Think any of the books by Michael Pollan are great for busting lots of food myths and a sensible read moreapproach to food while having a good poke at the food industry too - I found them quite entertaining and like his philosophy "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." (I enjoyed reading "in defense of food"). The books are not specific to sports people - but I don't think they need to be.

0 20 Mar 17
  6. CAP

CAP I've have a copy of Racing Weight as well as the accompanying book Racing Weight Diet. I found both read moreare good reads with and you would say you don't need both books. The one thing above all else which I took away from them is the focus on getting to your optimal weight, and therefore how to find what your that weight should be. What in effect this means is focusing on your body fat content rather than your overall weight. Once you understand the principles it does make a lot of sense.

0 20 Mar 17
  7. Martin Penrice

Martin Penrice Thanks for replying Jilly I'll have a look at this one

0 20 Mar 17
  8. Jilly

Jilly I like the Clean & Lean "diet" by James Duigan. Very sensible approach to eating. His pancakes made read morewith cottage cheese, oats and eggs are really good! My sons like his recipes and I do too, though I could possibly improve my diet a bit. Have given up alcohol and chocolate but still room for improvement.

0 20 Mar 17