This tasty low-fat noodle soup is packed with flavour and perfect pre-run fuel.
- Rice noodles
- 1 clove garlic
- 2cm grated ginger
- 1 stick of lemongrass, crushed
- Veg or chicken stock
- A small handful sliced veggies of your choice (peppers, mushrooms, mange tout)
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- Small handful fresh coriander, leaves picked and chopped
- Sesame oil
- Fry the garlic and ginger in sesame oil for 2 minutes, stirring - careful not to let it burn.
- Add the veg or chicken stock with 500ml water, add the lemongrass and put the lid on, allow to simmer for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice noodles in a separate pan according to packet instructions, drain.
- Add the chopped veggies to the broth, cook for 2 minutes.
- Put noodles in a bowl, pour over broth, sprinkle the spring onion and coriander on top.