This super healthy and low-fat dish can be adapted to use chicken instead of fish.
- 1 lime
- 3 tbsp low-salt soy sauce
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp groundnut oil
- 240g salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 3cm piece of ginger
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- To prepare the marinade, crush the garlic into a shallow bowl, finely grate the ginger and add the zest of half a lime.
- Add the soy, juice from half the lime, honey and oil, and mix together until combined well.
- Meanwhile preheat a medium grill and line a baking tray with foil.
- Cut the salmon into chunks and toss them in the marinade, before leaving for around 10 minutes to absorb the flavour.
- Thread the salmon onto 4 skewers, leaving a little space between each piece and place onto the lined tray.
- Cook through until around 10 minutes, until the salmon glaze begins to take some colour.
- During cooking, turn frequently and top up with the remaining marinade for extra flavour.
- Meanwhile, lightly toast the sesame seeds before tipping onto a plate and leaving to cool.
- Once cooked completely, transfer the skewers to a plate and sprinkle with the toasted same seeds before serving on a bed of green vegetables and brown rice.