By replacing the mayonnaise in the coleslaw with avocado, this dish puts a healthier twist on a regular coleslaw.
- 100g smoked salmon per person
- Savoy cabbage, shredded
- Spring onion, finely sliced
- Cucumber, finely sliced
- Cos lettuce, shredded
- 1 medium avocado per person
- A sprinkle of pumpkin seeds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Black pepper
- Finely shred all of the greens and place in a large bowl
- Peel the avocado and crush with a fork in a small bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, vinegar & olive oil and stir to make a puree.
- Add the puree to the sliced vegetables and mix together thoroughly.
- Split between plates and top with the sliced smoked salmon, flax & pumpkin seeds.
- Any leftovers of this dish can be used for lunch the next day.