For even more kitchen inspiration for breakfast, lunch or dinner, take a look at The Lemon Bowl and dig in.
- 185g quinoa prepared according to package instructions
- 2 avocados pitted and sliced
- 4 tablespoons salsa
- PICKLED RED ONION
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 50ml lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- MEXICAN CHICKEN
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 20 ounces chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - cubed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne optional
- To prepare the pickled onions, place onions, lime juice and salt in a bowl and toss well. Let sit for 15 minutes or longer; set aside until you're ready to assemble bowls.
- Meanwhile, place the chicken cubes in a medium bowl and season with all of the spices - cumin through to cayenne. Toss well to coat evenly.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté until cooked through and slightly browned, about 7-9 minutes; set aside until you're ready to assemble bowls.
- To assemble bowls, divide cooked quinoa evenly between four dishes. Top with equal parts of the sautéd chicken, avocado slices, salsa and pickled onions. Serve warm, room temperature or chilled.