Peanut butter cups are one of life's simple pleasures. Now you can make a healthy version ready to make an entrance into your snack time slot.
Vegetarian Vegan Gluten-free
- 200g x 70-75% dark chocolate (or stronger if that floats your boat)
- 190g x peanut butter - organic
- 4 x tablespoons coconut oil
- Melt the chocolate over a bain marie, or carefully in the microwave, being sure not to burn it. Mix in 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- In a separate bowl mix the peanut butter and coconut oil.
- Place between 10-14 cake liners on a tray and line the bottom of each liner with a thin coating of chocolate half an inch high. Place in the freezer for 2-5 minutes until the chocolate is set.
- Add a teaspoon or so of peanut butter mixture into the cases and gently flatten.
- Cover each of the cups with a thick layer of melted chocolate and return to the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Before serving let the cups thaw out and remove paper cases. Store in an airtight container in the fridge or a chilled environment.