Packed with protein, this is the perfect salad for leave you feeling full and keeping on track.
- 200g quinoa
- Zest and juice 1 orange
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 400g can Puy or green lentils, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cucumber, lightly peeled and diced
- 100g feta cheese
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tarragon, roughly chopped
- Cook the quinoa until tender before draining and setting aside to cool completely.
- While the quinoa is cooling down, heat the oil in a small pan and cook the onion for a few mins until softened.
- Add the tarragon and stir before removing from the heat and stirring into the cooked quinoa with the shallot.
- Add the spring onions, lentils, feta, cucumber, vinegar, and orange zest and juice to the mixture and stir well.
- Once fully combined, chill the mixture well until ready to serve.