This low-calorie pizza is quick, delicious and gluten-free!
- 340g raw cauliflower
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbsps grated parmesan
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- 1 large free-range egg
- 75g mozzarella cheese - grate 50g and slice the remaining 25g
- 2 fresh tomatoes, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 210C/420F/Gas mark 7 and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Grate the cauliflower or blitz in a food processor, until it resembles fine breadcrumbs but is not too fine.
- Microwave the cauliflower for around 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Place the cauliflower in a large mixing bowl before adding the egg, mozzarella, parmesan, seasoning and herbs. The mixture should form a stiff dough.
- Place the dough onto the baking tray and press into a large circle, about 12.5cms in diameter and about 1.5cms thick.
- Drizzle the top with a little oil and bake for up to 20 minutes or until golden.
- Top with the tomatoes, chilli flakes, garlic and onion, season to taste with salt and pepper and add the sliced mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese on top is bubbling.
- To serve, cut into wedges and serve with salad leaves/fresh basil.