This simple yet effective pasta dish is perfect for pre-race fuel.
- 1 serving rigatoni or other pasta
- 1 medium-sized, beautifully ripe tomato
- 1 clove garlic
- a handful basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Roughly chop the tomato into cubes.
- Crush the garlic and combine these in a bowl with the basil.
- Add a dash of olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Stir and leave to marinate while the pasta is cooking.
- Cook the pasta according to instructions, drain and return to the pan.
- Pour the tomato mixture on top and stir to combine. Serve immediately.