Unless you own Bernard’s watch, the hours in the day are never enough to fit everything in. As we're good sports, we're here to lighten your load with our 60-minute morning plan.
Start the day on the right foot with our short workout, quick recovery breakfast and immune-boosting drink to wash it down. Do this three times and watch the fat melt away and your fitness go through the roof.
Workout: Park sprint session
Time: 25-30 minutes running | 10 minutes stretching
- This fartlek workout is a quick way to get some quick, fat-burning speed work into your routine.
- Plot a looped 30-minute route that includes either a park lined with trees, or a long road with lamp posts.
- Warm up with a set of active stretches and set off running gently for 5 -10 minutes, until you feel ready to start pushing.
- For every five lamp posts or trees (about 100 metre distance apart) pick up your speed to 90 per cent of your maximum effort.
- After your sprint, get your breath back by jogging gently until you've ticked off double the amount of lamp posts or trees - in this instance, ten.
- Continue this cycle for a solid 20 minutes.
- Add in a relaxed five-minute cool down run with a set of static stretches to finish.
Breakfast: Avocado and cottage cheese on toast
Time: 5 minutes prep | 5 minutes to eat
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 tub cottage cheese
- 1-2 slices wholemeal or rye bread
- 1/2 lemon
Put your bread into the toaster. Scoop out half an avocado and cut into thin slices lengthways, then put these to one side. When your toast is ready, spread the protein-rich cottage cheese evenly. Top with the avocado, season with salt and pepper, squeeze the lemon over it and enjoy.
Drink: Hot water and lemon
Time: 2 minutes
- 1/2 lemon
- 300ml water
Boil the kettle. Slice and squeeze the other half of a lemon used for you breakfast. Combine the two and drink your way to a healthy, happy stomach and a boost for your immune system.