Discussions

Oooh, trail running

Oh yes! Trail running.

I`ll tell you where I am. I`m definately IN

I`m a child of nearly 43, and I love to get mucky.

respectthestupidity respectthestupidity

0 31 29 Mar 10

Sign in or Join to reply

1. Daft B

Daft B Alas I can't say I know any B&Bs as we live too close to have to stay over. Should imagine the read morevasy majority will be runner friendly as it's the Peaks - they have to be outdoor people friendly as that's 95% of their business.

0 3 Nov 11
  2. NaturalBritain

NaturalBritain Cool! Tried my first attempt a couple of weeks ago, running through Thetford Forest - fun, but scary read moreas where I was is the remains of an old WWII camp! Been meaning to ask you - do you know of any good, cheap, runner friendly B&Bs in the Peaks - Hope Valley area ideally? Want to do some weekends up there next year in prep for Hadrians Wall, was thinking YHA, but seems a lot of hassle with regard to leaving kit unguarded while i'm out etc

0 3 Nov 11
  3. respectthestupidity

respectthestupidity I've just got back from trail running in the Peaks tonight. Pitch black, foggy, heavy rain, but with read morea decent head torch, LOVELY!!!

0 2 Nov 11
  4. bobbydazla

bobbydazla only been running 3 months but am lucky to live right on the edge of some great countryside with read moreloads of bridlepaths and woodland.  yey, glad i qualify as a trail runner :0)  tho it looks like more concrete when the nights get shorter and i havent the bottle to run through the pitch black!

0 30 Sep 11
  5. Adam

Adam BatRuntme and hills don`t get on!!That`s not what you said on Sunday!

0 13 Apr 10
  6. BatRunt

BatRunt Hello, My name is BatRunt, and i`m a trail runner!

wow, that felt liberating!!

i am definately not a fell runner. me and hills don`t get on!!

0 13 Apr 10
  7. respectthestupidity

respectthestupidity BatRuntCan i claim to be a trail runner too?

studland stampede... clarendon half marathon... dorset coastal paths, or does it have to include mud bogs up to your knees?

is a trail just an off road run? or does it have to include a mountain climb?

I also texted RTS on the hardmoors 110, so thats like armchair trail running... i was there in spirit with him!!

Batty, if you are running off road, on trails / paths / bridleways / open country, then YES, you are a trail runner. Be proud.

As for your armchair trail running - I felt your presence. And your insults.

0 13 Apr 10
  8. Daft B

Daft B [quote=BatRunt]Can i claim to be a trail runner too?

studland stampede... clarendon half marathon... dorset coastal paths, or does it have to include mud bogs up to your knees?

I also texted RTS on the hardmoors 110, so thats like armchair trail running... i was there in spirit with him!![/quote]

or would that make it fell running?? It`s all very confusing.

0 13 Apr 10
  9. enigmauk

enigmauk BatRuntCan i claim to be a trail runner too?

"YES WELCOME ABOARD"

"NO BUT ITS A LOT MORE FUN THAT WAY"

is a trail just an off road run?

"I THINK SO"

or does it have to include a mountain climb?

"HOPE NOT - I DONT WANT TO DO THAT"

I also texted RTS on the hardmoors 110, so thats like armchair trail running... i was there in spirit with him!!

"I`LL REMEMBER TO TEXT YOU ON VLM DAY - IM LIKE A MARATHON RUNNER THEN (in spirit) THAT SUITS ME MUCH BETTER THAN ACTUALLY RUNNING THE WHOLE 26 ODD MILES "

0 13 Apr 10
  10. BatRunt

BatRunt Can i claim to be a trail runner too?

0 13 Apr 10
  11. Daft B

Daft B I guess I can raise my hand as a trail runner. Am going into the hills again with RTS tonight. I might be gone some time.

0 13 Apr 10
  12. Rich_S

Rich_S That`s great news.

I must admit since getting back from the Fells last weekend I only want to run off road from now on.

Love the website by the way. So rich in useful content. Great job!

0 9 Apr 10
  13. Matt Ward

Matt Ward Also some news on the new `Trail Runner` mag today too...

http://www.mudsweatandtears.co.uk/2010/04/08/our-reader-is-any-mad-person-who-likes-to-run-off-road-trail-runner/

0 9 Apr 10
  14. respectthestupidity

respectthestupidity Check out Matt Ward`s excellent website dedicated to trails and fells:-

www.mudsweatandtears.co.uk

There`s a wealth of interesting stuff on there.

0 31 Mar 10
  15. enigmauk

enigmauk Am i right in saying there is actually a running mag dedicated to trail running, seem to remember read moreseeing it ages ago anyway. . . is it still going? Anyone read it?>

0 31 Mar 10
  16. Runaway Nan

Runaway Nan respectthestupidityShe`s gone completely off the radar.

Or is that rah-dar! ;)

Another forum to read :)

It may help to tempt more people to try trail running. I think I`d like to try it but it is a bit too much concrete around my area. Maybe when I retire to somewhere foreign, warm and quiet..... :D

0 31 Mar 10
  17. respectthestupidity

respectthestupidity [quote=Bernie Bear]respectthestupidityI love to get mucky.

That reminds me, we haven`t heard from RAh for ages...[/quote]

She`s gone completely off the radar.

0 31 Mar 10
  18. Bernie Bear

Bernie Bear RicoI`m sure my quads will love me.

Yeah, the quad bikes around here are a B***** nuisance, too!

0 30 Mar 10
  19. respectthestupidity

respectthestupidity [quote=Westie][quote=respectthestupidity]Rico

RTS do you run roads at all nowadays?

Yes I`m afraid I do. But don`t tell anyone.

[/quote]

Oh my god RTS, couldn`t you have kept that dreadful news to yourself: you`ve shattered my illusions![/quote]

Sorry, but sometimes a bit of tarmac is essential to get from one hill to another.

0 30 Mar 10
  20. Rich_S

Rich_S Well all I can say is I am off to the Lake District this weekend and despite the heavy rain forecast read moreI will be getting at least two good runs along the fells during the weekend.

Ahh the feeling of being free and scaling the fells and not having to pound the pavement amongst the dog walkers. I`m sure my quads will love me.

Anyone wishing to join me is free to do just let me know.

0 30 Mar 10