Discussions

Newbie hurting legs

Hi I want to do a triathlon this year and also to lose 2 and a half stone. Just started running (well walking then running) my legs really hurt and this has stopped me continuing in the past... thought I couldn't run because it hurt too much..... but I have just found out that the pain mostly goes away after 5 mins which is great. I run really flat footed and looks a bit daft but hey I will perservere. Any tips?

Mutley Mutley

0 5 7 Jan 11

Sign in or Join to reply

1. KandiKane

KandiKane Mutley, found any good sites for triathlons? I also would like to do a/some triathlons but read morestruggling to find events, thanks KK : D

0 23 Jan 11
  2. gymrunner

gymrunner Def think about getting Gait analysis done , and the right running shoes , i did this last week cant read morebelieve the difference it has made ...feels like im running on air .

good luck with the Triathlon ..

0 21 Jan 11
  3. Mutley

Mutley I've looked it up on the internet and my problem is heel strike I have just done a little run to try read moreout the technique suggested and it feels much better running now yeah !!!!!

0 7 Jan 11
  4. Bunsy

Bunsy freezing cold bath after  running also helps with the stiffness. and plenty of stretches before read moreand after  (check out RTS's blog on stretching for tips).

0 7 Jan 11
  5. James76

James76 Go and get fitted for some suitable shoes asap! You should be filmed on a treadmill for this

0 7 Jan 11