Discussions

Cross country running shoes

I am considering some cross country races this winter for the first time. For road running & general training, I wear Brooks Glycerin.

Anyone got any idea what the equivalent cross country running shoe would be? Or any other suggestions?

Thank you.

RE Reacher

Sign in or Join to reply

1. Chris Pattison

Chris Pattison I have a pair of Saucony Peregrine which I find most agreeable. A bit more cushioning than I read moreexpected and good grip. When you're in the running shop I would certainly recommend you try a pair on.

0 20 hrs
  2. LI

Linda Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further write

Get On Top

0 7 Dec 18
  3. rob k

rob k I am a big fan of Brooks shoes and for multiterrain would recommend Cascadia. For really offroad read moremudfests I like Salomon Speedcross

0 5 Dec 18
  4. Sharnie1

Sharnie1 If you get on with Brooks trainers than you can probably do worse than try the Cascadia - I wouldn't read morewear them for longer runs but for shortish muddy outings they are great - alternatively a pair of salomon speedcross would probably work well - again great for shorter muddy outings but both options are possibly a bit undercushioned for harder trails and going over 10k.

0 5 Dec 18