A slow release carb complete with plenty of protein, add apple to your porridge for a vitamin boost and a dash of cinnamon to spice up breakfast time.
- 50g of porridge oats (1/2 cup)
- 250g of milk/water or a combination of both (1 cup)
- 1 apple
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 handful of raisins
- On a chopping board, grate the apple (and the core too!)
- Mix the oats and the milk/water in a small pot and place it over a medium heat, until it starts to simmer.
- Stir the simmering porridge with a wooden spoon.
- As the porridge starts to thicken add in the grated apple and the cinnamon and mix in well.
- Cook until the porridge gets to your preferred consistency.
- Pour the finished porridge into a bowl and lightly dust some cinnamon over the top to serve.
- Add raisins or any other fruit you fancy!