- 1 white onion - chopped
- 500g carrots - chopped
- 1 garlic clove - thinly sliced
- 1 inch of ginger - grated
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- 200ml coconut milk
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and peper
- 600ml boiling water
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a pan and add the chopped vegetables.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper, place on the lid and sweat for 10 minutes, stirring a few times until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add the garlic, ginger and turmeric to the veg with 1 tsp of curry powder.
- Pour in the coconut milk and top up the pan with 600ml of boiled water.
- Cover and bring to the boil, simmer for 15 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Once cooked, ladle the soup into a blender and blitz till smooth.
- Season with a pinch more salt and pepper and serve in warm bowls with some crusty bread!