This dish stores well in the fridge, making it perfect for preparing in advance when time is tight. Add more veggies and leave out the chicken fillets, as well as opting for a vegetable stock cube instead.
- 400g chicken fillets
- 1 white onion
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 2 tbsp mild curry powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tin cooked chick peas
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1/2 bag of spinach
- 2 chopped spring onions
- 1 small bunch of coriander chopped
- 300-400g brown or basmati rice
- Marinade the chicken in some medium curry spices and leave to one side.
- Saute one chopped onion in some olive oil for 2 minutes.
- Add the curry spices and turmeric and cook for further minute.
- Chop up the raw cauliflower and broccoli, add the the onion and cook over medium heat for 2/3 minutes.
- Strain off the chick peas and add to the mix, then use the tin to dissolve one chicken stock cube.
- Add this whole tin of liquid to the mix and cook for 25 minutes over medium heat.
- Boil your rice in a pan of salted water following the advised time guidelines on your pack. This usually around 20 minutes or so for brown rice .
- Meanwhile, the liquid of your curry should now be reduced, add the half bag of baby spinach leaves and spring onions.
- Just before serving mix in the fresh coriander. Black onions seeds also add a fresh authentic touch to the curry if you have these handy.
- Serve with brown or basmati rice and a side of low fat yoghurt if you have some in the fridge.