- 155g plain or spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp sugar
- Large pinch of salt
- 300ml nut or soy milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Vegan yoghurt or ice cream
- Berries of your choice
- Maple or agave syrup
- Turn your waffle machine on to warm up.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and add the baking powder, cinnamon, salt and sugar.
- Add the vegan milk, oil and vanilla and whisk by hand to remove any lumps, don't worry if the batter seems relatively thin.
- When your waffle maker is heated, pour out the batter and close the machine. Cook for 5-7 minutes until golden.
- Once cooked, serve up your waffles and top with either ice cream or yoghurt and the fruit of your choice. Try alpro.com or boojabooja.com for vegan ice cream options.
- Don't forget a drizzle of maple or agave syrup!