Recovery after a hard run is critical. Aim to refuel less than 30 minutes after your training session with this hearty chilli. Packed with protein, this dish is perfect for recovery and muscle repair.
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Add 500g of lean mince (5% fat)
- 2 tbsp of chilli garlic sauce
- 2 tins of chopped plum tomatoes
- 1 tin of kidney beans
- Salt and pepper to season
- Cooked brown rice to serve
- You can add a variety of different pulses to this mix. For example, butter beans, black eyed beans or chickpeas.
- Gently cook the onion in 1 tbsp of olive oil, then add 500g of lean mince (5% fat).
- Colour the mince for 10-15 minutes over a medium heat in a further 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Strain off any excess fat then add 2 tbsp of chilli garlic sauce, 2 tins of chopped plum tomatoes and one tin of kidney beans.
- Cook for 25 minutes over a medium heat, check seasoning and serve with cooked brown rice.
- Both the chilli and rice can be cooked in advance and reheated.
- For veggie types use loads of mixed cooked pulses following same technique or use Quorn mince.