Vegetarian Vegan Gluten-free
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of Thai green curry paste
- 400ml can of coconut milk (low fat can also be used)
- 1 lemongrass stalk, bashed
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of tamari or soy sauce
- Handful of fresh basil leaves - chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Use any veggies you like. We have opted for:
- 3 courgettes - cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 carrots - cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 sticks of asparagus - cut into pieces
- 1 small aubergine - cut into bite sized pieces
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Tablespoon of olive oil
- 240g white of brown rice
- Chop your onion and garlic and place them in a pan over a medium heat with a tablespoon of olive oil, cooking for 8-10 minutes until soft.
- Add in the curry paste and stir well before cooking for another few minutes.
- Set your rice to boil following the instructions on the packet.
- Add in your coconut milk, bring the pan to the boil and add in your lemon grass, maple syrup, lemon juice, tamari, courgette, aubergine, and carrots.
- Reduce the temperature and let simmer for 25-30 minutes, adding the asparagus in 5-minutes before the curry is finished cooking.
- Once everything is cooked through, remove the lemon grass stalk and serve up alongside your rice with a sprinkle of chopped basil leaves, chilli, salt and pepper.