As they are dairy-free and free from refined sugar, these rich chocolatey nests are relatively healthy despite tasting extremely indulgent and looking very pretty.
Use blueberries in the nests as healthy alternative to mini eggs and you’ll feel virtuous as well as creative this Easter!
- 100g coconut oil
- 40g good quality cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 4 shredded wheat (full size, not the mini ones)
- 36 blueberries
- Crumble the shredded wheat into a bowl.
- Place 12 paper cupcake cases onto a baking tray that will fit into your fridge easily.
- In a pan, melt the coconut oil until it’s completely liquefied. Take off the heat, and stir in the cocoa powder, vanilla and maple syrup. Mix well.
- Pour in the shredded wheat and stir until completely coated in the chocolate mixture.
- Put a spoonful of mixture into each cupcake case, making a small hollow in the middle. Pop three blueberries in the centre of the nest.
- When you’ve filled all the cases, put the tray in the fridge to chill for a couple of hours.