A healthier version of an Italian classic but still packed with all the great taste, low-fat meatballs are the perfect training accompaniment.
- 200g low fat mince (10% fat or less)
- 200g brown or gluten free pasta or spaghetti
- 2/3 tsp chilli spice
- 1 chopped white onion
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 1 carton of passata or tin of chopped plum tomatoes
- Season the raw mince and roll into bite-sized balls.
- In a large pan saute the chopped onion and red pepper for 2/3 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes/passata and chilli garlic sauce to taste.
- Simmer and drop in the meat balls to cook in the sauce, allow 8-10 minutes over low/medium heat.
- As your meatballs are simmering cook your pasta in a pan of salted boiling water.
- When your pasta is cooked, drain and serve up, placing your meatballs and pasta sauce on top.
- Top with shaved parmesan if you like.