These no-bake treats are super simple, perfect for a pre or post-run pick-me-up and taste so good they won't stay around for long.
- Base layer:
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 70g unsalted butter, melted
- 120g crunchy peanut butter
- Chocolate layer:
- 200 g dark chocolate (60%-70% cocoa)
- 60g smooth peanut butter
- Place the digestives into a food processor and blitz until they resemble breadcrumbs.
- Add the peanut butter and melted butter to the biscuits and process until completely combined, or so the mixture holds together.
- Lightly grease a 20x20cm square baking tin and line with parchment paper, so that the paper comes up the sides of the tin.
- Press the peanut butter mixture into the prepared baking tin with the back of a spoon and smooth to create a flat surface.
- Melt the chocolate and 30g of the creamy peanut butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Make sure the bowl is not touching the top of the water. Stir until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Spread the chocolate over peanut the butter layer. With the remaining peanut butter, melt and drop teaspoons of it on top of the chocolate layer and swirl through with a knife to create a marble effect.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours to help the mixture set. Before serving, let it sit for 10 minutes at room temperature before cutting.