Pesto is a cheeky ingredient that adds serious flavour to mealtimes and is often on hand in the fridge. Add pre-cooked chicken or even a sprinkle of feta cheese to this dish if you're in need of more protein, and enjoy!
- 4 boiled eggs
- 1 avocado - peeled and sliced into cubes
- 70g dried quinoa or one packet of pre-cooked
- Small bag of greens
- Cherry tomatoes - chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetarian pesto
- Sprinkle of chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Drizzle of olive oil - if needed
- If using dried quinoa, cook in a pan of water with a stock cube and simmer until cooked. This should take around 20-minutes but check the packet instructions to be safe.
- Put your eggs on the boil and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- After your quinoa is cooked, place into a bowl and mix in the pesto, salt and pepper and chilli flakes, if you fancy a kick!
- Take your eggs off the hob, rinse with cold water, peel and slice into quarters.
- Stir in the avocado, greens and tomatoes and gently add the eggs and tuck in!