Try this simple, Spanish-style dish for a quick mid-week meal that is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 10 capers
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 30ml olive oil
- 15g flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 30g sliced chorizo (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 170C/325F/Gas 3.
- In a shallow frying pan, heat the olive oil and lightly fry the shallots, garlic, chilli and chorizo (if using) for 2 minutes.
- Add the vinegar to the pan along with the capers and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and bring to the boil.
- Add the parsley and adjust the seasoning.
- Pour the sauce into a small ovenproof dish and gently crack the eggs into the sauce, one by one. Be careful not to split the yolks.
- Cover with foil and place in the oven for 3 minutes until the eggs are cooked through.