A seriously smokey salad to spice up those seasonal spring veggies, this dish is a serious show-stopper.
Vegetarian Vegan Gluten-free
- For the salad:
- 150g peas
- 30g coriander, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled into thin ribbons
- 150g radishes, finely sliced
- 150g mangetout
- 5 spring onions, cut into 3cm sticks
- 250g asparagus spears, halved
- For the dressing:
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp smoked paprika paste
- Half-fill a large bowl with cold water and a few ice cubes. Add the cucumber, radish and onions to the water.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium pan of water to the boil and cook the asparagus, mangetout and peas for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Drain the vegetables, then plunge straight into the bowl of iced water with the other vegetables. Leave them in here for 5 minutes, then drain and pat dry with kitchen towel.
- Toss all the veg in a salad bowl with half the coriander.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients with 1tbsp water and the remaining coriander.
- Season with a little pepper and drizzle over the salad.