This vibrant summer salad is quick and easy to make, and super healthy.
- Bunch of asparagus, ends removed and cut in half lengthways
- 1 small cooked chicken, skin and bones discarded, meat shredded
- 140g fresh or frozen peas
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 250g radish, sliced
- 1 large curly round lettuce or 2 little gem lettuces
- 3 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Handful pea shoots
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 200g pack sugar snap peas
- 2 tbsp elderflower cordial
- Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- Bring a medium pan of water to the boil and fill a large bowl with ice-cold water.
- Cook the asparagus in a medium pan of boiling water. After cooking for around a minute, add the sugar snap peas.
- After a further 30 secs, add the peas and continue boiling for a further 30 seconds more before quickly draining and tipping the vegetables into a bowl of ice-cold water. (This will ensure they keep their bright colour).
- Once in the cold water for around 2 minutes, drain the vegetables and set aside.
- Dry your bowl, pour in the dressing ingredients with plenty of seasoning and whisk together.
- To the mixture add the chicken, radishes, onion, vegetables, lettuce and gently toss everything together.
- Turn the salad out onto a large sharing plate and scatter over the pea shoots.