This healthy, filling vegetable soup makes a great weekday lunch or post-run meal, the spices giving it an extra warming boost.
Turmeric contains curcumin which is a powerful anti-inflammatory - this means it's ideal nourishment for your post-run muscles, helping you recover as efficiently as possible.
Get organised and make a large batch of this soup, dividing it into portions to freeze for later.
Vegetarian Vegan Gluten-free
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 700g parsnips, diced
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- A couple of plum tomatoes, quartered
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1.2L vegetable stock
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, plus extra to garnish
- Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7.
- Mix together the oil and spices in a small bowl.
- Place the vegetables on a heavy based baking tray, pour over the oil and spice mixture, and toss to coat.
- Roast for 30 mins until the vegetables are tender.
- Spoon into a food processor with half of the vegetable stock and blitz until the soup is smooth.
- Return to the heat, pouring into a large saucepan along with the rest of the stock. Heat until the soup reaches a simmer and serve.