Try this simple recipe for the best version of this classic dip.
Vegetarian Vegan Gluten-free
- 3 very ripe avocados
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 large lime, juiced
- 1 large tomato
- A handful coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- Tortilla chips for dipping
- Use a large knife to finely chop the tomato on a board – it should look like its been mashed. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the stone. Scoop out the flesh into the bowl with a spoon and mix in with the tomato.
- Place the remaining ingredients into the bowl and season well with salt and pepper (and some paprika if you want to).
- Use a whisk to roughly mash everything together.
- Scatter with some remaining coriander and serve with tortilla chips.