Vegetarian Vegan Gluten-free
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Large white onion - diced
- 290g chestnut mushrooms - sliced
- 290g mushrooms - sliced
- 10 stalks of fresh thyme - leaves removed
- 1 cup vegetable stock - 235ml
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- 235ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1/2 tbsn soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Large pinch of ground pepper
- Drizzle the olive oil into a large saucepan and heat, add the diced onions and allow to cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Move the onions to one side of the saucepan and add the mushrooms, cooking for around 5-minutes.
- Stir both the onions and mushrooms together and add the fresh thyme and cook for at least 10-minutes before adding the bay leaf, salt and soy sauce to the mushrooms.
- Stir the cornstarch into the vegetable stock before pouring over the mushroom mixture, stir and add the almond milk.
- Allow to cook for at least 15-minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste and add freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Serve up into two bowls, garnish with thyme if you fancy some more flavour and add toasted (gluten-free) wholemeal bread if you're extra hungry!