A delicious dish, these protein-packed turkey bowls will leave you hungry for more.
- 200g dried rice noodles
- 500g turkey thigh mince
- 1 tsp lemongrass purée
- 10g fresh coriander
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- 2 Little Gem lettuces
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced/spiralized
- 1 courgette, thinly sliced/spiralized
- Fresh mint leaves, sliced (optional)
- For the dressing:
- 2 tsp ginger purée
- 2 tsp lemongrass purée
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 4 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 limes, juiced
- Place the rice noodles in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside and allow to soften according to packet instructions.
- Combined the turkey mince, lemongrass purée, coriander stalks and fish sauce in a food processor and season with some salt and fine black pepper.
- Blitz a few times to mix together and tip onto a board – begin shaping the meat into 12 balls, ensuring hands are wet so that the mixture does not stick to your fingers. Lay the meat out on the board once rolled and flatten slightly into patties.
- Heat a little oil gently in a non-stick frying pan. Cook the meat patties, in two batches, for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Transfer the first batch to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm while you cook the second batch. After separating the lettuce leaves, arrange across four serving bowls.
- Add the softened noodles to the lettuce bowls with the carrot and the courgette. Meanwhile, mix the dressing ingredients together in a separate bowl and add 2 tsp water to loosen.
- Divide the meatballs between each bowl, drizzle over the dressing and scatter over the reserved coriander leaves and mint.