The ultimate post-workout treat; give these brownies a go to satisfy those chocolate cravings without the guilt.
- 1 vanilla pod
- 200g dairy-free dark chocolate
- 5 tbsp sunflower oil
- 180g caster sugar
- 200g pecan nuts
- A pinch of sea salt
- 170g self-raising flour
- 3 heaped tsps cocoa powder
- 230ml unsweetened organic soya milk
- Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4 and grease a square 20x20cm baking tray with a little oil before lining with greaseproof paper.
- Break 150g of chocolate into a heatproof bowl and melt over a pan of simmering water. Make sure that the base of the bowl does not touch the water. Set aside to cool slightly.
- While the chocolate is cooling, sieve both the flour and cocoa powder into a large bowl, then stir in the sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Scrape out the seeds from the vanilla pod and add them to the bowl with the flour and cocoa powder. Stir in the oil, soya milk and melted chocolate until combined.
- With the remaining chocolate – chop roughly and stir into the mixture with most of the pecans nuts.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and use a knife or spatula to level the mixture out.
- With the pecans reserved from earlier, sprinkle over the mixture in the tin and bake in the oven for 20-25 mins. Once cooked the brownies should be cooked on the outside but still slightly gooey in the middle.
- Once taken out of the oven, leave to cool for around 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire cooling rack before cutting into squares.