Third party terms & conditions
Ravenna 8 and Las Vegas Rock n Roll Marathon competition terms and conditions
This competition (the "Competition") is run by Brooks Sports Ltd of Unit 6, Chanctonfold, Horsham Road, Steyning, West Sussex, BN44 3HP ("Brooks").
1. Eligibilitya. Entrants must be legal residents of Great Britain or the Republic of Ireland and be at least 18 years old. b. The Competition is not open to any employees or affiliates of Brooks or stockists of Brooks products, their families or agents or any other person professionally connected with the Competition.
2. Promotion Period
a. The Competition commences at 10am GMT on 1 February 2017 and ends at 5pm GMT on 31 March 2017 (the "Promotion Period").
3. How to enter
a. To enter the Competition, entrants must:
i. have received an "Escape Card" from The Running Bug website at https://therunningbug.co.uk ("The Running Bug"). In order for entrants to have received an Escape Card, entrants must: • be an existing member of or join The Running Bug prior to entry; and
• have shared their favourite running escape route by posting words or images on Brooks' page on The Running Bug at https://therunningbug.com using the hashtag "#EscapeRoute" between 1 February 2017 and  February 2017 (the "Post"). Each person that shares their favourite running escape route via this method will receive an email to their registered email address with The Running Bug containing an Escape Card; and
ii. purchase a pair of Ravenna 8 running shoes (RRP £115 or €140) from participating stockists (for participating stockists, please see: http://talk.brooksrunning.com/uk and present a print-out of their Escape Card and Post or show their Escape Card and Post on their smartphone at the time of purchase and request to enter into the Competition. The stockist will complete a form with the entrant's details (including name, date of birth, email address and telephone number) and send this form with a copy of the entrant's receipt to Brooks directly.
b. Only one entry is permitted per person. No entries on behalf of someone else are allowed.
c. Entry implies acceptance of these terms and conditions.
d. Brooks reserves the right to request The Running Bug to remove any content submitted or disqualify any entrant if it suspects any breach of these terms and conditions, The Running Bug's terms and conditions (available here: http://therunningbug.co.uk/p/termsandconditions.aspx) or if it receives any complaint from a third party relating to such content.
e. Entrants represent and warrant that they have all rights necessary to grant rights to Brooks to use the content of their entry to the Competition (if required), and that the content of their entry to the Competition, and any use of such content by or on behalf of Brooks, comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations and do not infringe or otherwise violate the intellectual property or other rights of any third party.
f. Save where it has been negligent, Brooks will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from entrants' entry into the Competition or their acceptance and/or use of the prize, or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit their ability to participate in the Competition. Furthermore, Brooks accepts no responsibility for any Escape Cards not received by potential entrants and, save for where it has been negligent, Brooks will not be responsible for any lost, damaged, defaced, incomplete, illegible or otherwise unreadable entries. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt by Brooks of any entries.
4. The prize
a. There is one prize up for grabs. The prize is as follows:
i. entry to the Rock n Roll marathon or half marathon in Las Vegas on 11 or 12 November 2017 (as applicable) for the winner and a companion aged at least 18 years old;
ii. two running kits for the winner and a companion, each kit consisting of a pair of Brooks running shoes, Brooks capris and Brooks running shirt, in sizes chosen by the winner;
iii. two return economy flights (departing from an airport in Great Britain or Ireland on Friday 10 November 2017 to Las Vegas and returning to the original departing airport on Monday 13 November 2017), up to a value of £800 or €900 for each person;
iv. hotel accommodation including breakfast for two in Las Vegas (checking in on Friday 10 November 2017 and checking out on Monday 13 November 2017) up to the value of £150 or €200 per night based on one room for the winner and a companion to share; and
v. £180 or €240 of spending money for each person for the duration of the trip. The winner shall be responsible for organising and paying any charges for any currency exchange.
b. This prize does not include any transfers to and from any airport, insurance and any other incidentals. The winner is responsible for obtaining valid passports and visas and any other taxes or personal expenses incurred when claiming the prize.
c. The winner accepts the prize at his or her own risk and Brooks shall not to the extent permitted by law be responsible for any damages, losses or injuries incurred or suffered for reasons beyond Brooks' control as a result of winning the prize.
d. The prize is awarded on an "as is" basis. The prize cannot be transferred and there is no cash alternative in whole or in part.
e. In the event that, for reasons beyond Brooks' reasonable control and not related to the winner, Brooks is unable to award the prize as described in these terms and conditions, Brooks reserves the right to award prizes of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize.
f. The prize may be subject to the terms and conditions of third parties, including but not limited to the Rock n Roll Marathon Series (further information available here: http://www.runrocknroll.com/las-vegas/ ) and the airline and hotel used by the winner.
5. The winner
a. The winner will be chosen by a panel of judges, including one independent judge, based on which Post, in the judges' opinion, shows the most creativity and originality.
a. The winner will be notified by email to the email address provided at entry no later than 31 May 2017.
b. The winner must respond to the winner notification within 72 hours of it being sent with the information requested in the winner notification. Failure to provid e these details within the 72 hours timeframe will result in the prize package being withdrawn and awarded to another entrant picked by the judges.
c. The winner will receive the prize by the method and within the timescales set out in the winner notifications once the winner has responded to the winner notification.
d. The name and county, or Twitter or Facebook user names of the winner (as provided) may be released in post-Competition publicity.
e. The decision of Brooks is final and binding on all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
f. The names of the winner will be available on request for three months after the entry closing date by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a stamped, addressed envelope to Brooks Sports Ltd, Unit 6 Chanctonfold, Horsham Road, Steyning, BN44 3AA.
b. Brooks will collect and process the winner's personal information and it will be shared with Brooks' agents, affiliates and third parties (including those outside the European Economic Area) to the extent necessary in order to conduct the Competition including for the prize to be delivered to the winner.
c. Although the Competition may be featured on Facebook and Twitter, the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook and Twitter and you agree that Facebook and Twitter are not liable in any way.
d. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall in any way limit Brooks' liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not as a matter of law be limited.
e. For entrants who are resident in the UK, these terms and conditions are governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the prize promotion or these terms and conditions.
f. For entrants who are resident in Ireland, these terms and conditions are governed by Irish law and the courts of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the prize promotion or these terms and conditions.
g. The promoter of this Competition is Brooks Sports Ltd of Unit 6, Chanctonfold, Horsham Road, Steyning, West Sussex, BN44 3HP.
New Member Competition Terms and Conditions – April 2017
1. To enter the competition participants must sign up to The Running Bug website at www.therunningbug.com and complete the sign up process.
2. The competition will start on 1 April 2017 and will end at midnight on 30 April 2017.
3. The winner will be chosen randomly from all of the new members who have entered the competition.
4. Entrants must be aged 18 years or older. The Running Bug reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants and check their identity.
5. Existing registered users of The Running Bug are not eligible to enter the competition.
6. Employees and families of the promoter, its agents and anyone professionally connected with the promotion are not eligible to enter.
7. Winners may be required to participate in related publicity.
8. The Running Bug is the Promoter of the New Member Competition.
9. By entering into the prize draw, you consent to being contacted by the Promoter in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Promoter may contact you via email, phone or post in order to keep you updated about your entry into the prize draw.
10. By entering this Promotion the Participant agrees that their image, biography and likeness (if applicable) may be used by The Running Bug in unpaid promotional related publicity (including photographic shots and interviews), for a limited period of 1 year from the date of the Promotion.
11. If The Running Bug is unable to contact a Winner within 48 hours of the closing date, it reserves the right to award the Prize to the next runner up.
12. The Running Bug reserves the right to refuse or disqualify any entry or select alternative winner in the event that it believes that any entrant has contravened these Terms and Conditions.
13. The prize is 1 year's worth of free running shoes.
14. The prize is limited to:
a. Up to four (4) pairs of running shoes with a combined value of £500 in a 12 month period beginning 1 May 2017 and ending 30 April 2018.
b. Only shoes available in stock at www.sweatshop.com are eligible as part of the prize.
c. The winner will order their shoes from The Running Bug anytime before 30 April 2018.
15. The Running Bug and their agents cannot accept responsibility for the quality of the product that the winner receives.
16. The Running Bug and their agents cannot accept responsibility for the suitability of the prize to the member.
17. The Running Bug shall not be liable for any failure of any third party to fulfil its contractual obligations although The Running Bug shall take reasonable steps to try and minimize the effect of any such failures.
18. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.
19. Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these rules.