- Please note: always do a 15-minute warm up before Threshold, Continuous hills, Circuit or Interval sessions.
- Substitute cross-training for running if you are injured.
- Add a conditioning class or consider Pilates or Yoga at least once a week.
- Stretch every day for at least 10 minutes.
- Always eat within 30 minutes of finishing your run.
Training plans supplied by: Nick Anderson at RunningWithUs
For more expert training advice on running techniques click the links below:
- Cross-training and workout 30 to 40 minutes with a strength and conditioning workout.
- Threshold run 45 minutes. 4 sets of 5 minutes with 90 seconds jog.
- Recovery run or cross-train 30 minutes
- Easy or steady run 30 minutes