Increase your running from 5k to 10k with this short advanced training plan.
For more expert training advice on running techniques click the links below:
- Note: please do a 15 minute warm up and cool down before Threshold, Continuous Hills, Circuit or Interval sessions.
- If your are feeling ok you may wish to consider a 20 to 30 minute recovery run in the morning before any of the quality sessions above.
- Always substitute cross-training for running if you are injured, very sore or it is not safe to run.
- Please add a Core conditioning, Pilates or Yoga classes once or twice a week if you have time.
- Try to stretch every day for at least 10 minutes.
- Always eat within 20 to 30 minutes of finishing a run.
- Always train at your target pace, don’t compromise or run too hard. Tiredness always catches up and take extra rest if required...
Training plans supplied by: Nick Anderson at RunningWithUs Personal Running Coaching
- Run 5 sets of 5 minutes at threshold with 90 seconds easy jog recovery within the 45 minute run.
- Easy run or cross-training 45 minutes
- AM easy run 30 to 40 minutes
- PM run 8 sets of 3 minutes alternating odd numbers at threshold effort, even numbers at 5km effort with 90 seconds jogged recovery within the 40 minute run.